The Love of.....

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Three recipe combo dinner- DIVINE!





Simple Suppers cookbook.....again. Ah! I'm so happy every single time I try a new recipe from it. Such healthy, colorful, awesome tasting meals.

This evening I tried out a multi-recipe dish. It was supposed to be- Pickled Red Onions and Black Beans over Yellow Rice, but down at the bottom of page are other suggestions for toppings- one included a Quick Avocado and Corn- salsa thing. IT WAS AMAZING~ So at the bottom is the Yellow Rice (jasmine rice made with a little tumeric and olive oil)- Black Beans ( with cumin, cayenne, red pepper flakes - I added the last two myself- and chopped cilantro) with the Avocado and Corn salsa topping (which is a cup of fresh salsa with a teaspoon or tablespoon of lime juice, chopped cilantro, a cup of corn and cubed avocado mixed up). I topped the layered dish with a little tablespoon of sour cream. It was so fantastic!!!!

My son loved it....

No comments:

Post a Comment