The Love of.....

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Homemade Pasta Sauce



In a pinch, I love to just cook up a delicious homemade tomato sauce- for pasta or pizza. Doesn't take long, either! And I love having leftovers.....
My recipe for tomato sauce (this ALWAYS varies...I doubt it's ever the same, but here's the one from tonight. ;-)

4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper (use any kind)
1/2 package of ground beef, organic of course! ( PS-NOT USUAL that I EVER use meat, but it did taste excellent)
5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
about 1 T Italian seasonings
about 1 t dried sweet basil
salt to taste

Saute until meat has browned well enough.

Add 2 small cans of tomato sauce or one can of sauce and 1 can of crushed tomatoes....I always switch them around, and add fresh tomatoes when I have them.
Add most of a tiny can (don't remember ounces, sorry!!!) of tomato paste
I just add, mix and taste......that's the way I roll.

Cook on low until seasoning set well. Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment