The Love of.....

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Veggie&Tofu Stir fry




Once again, I didn't use a recipe.... but here's how I made it.

I glanced at what vegetables and things I had available for a stir fry, was quite satisfied at the quantities...so I washed everything up, and chopped what I thought would feed about 4 people.

1 med. onion
2 peppers (orange and yellow)
2 large carrots
1 good sized broccoli floret
2 cloves garlic

about 1 T grated ginger

I also cut up a block of tofu and (in a wok) sauteed it in ginger, garlic, oil, soy sauce and hot chili sesame oil.... but I'm not sure I'd do it quite like that again. I'm still very much learning how to make tofu to my liking!! It was good, but I like it more stiff....it was too soft for my liking. I set aside the tofu in a bowl until the veggies were finished.

I cleaned the wok then heated a tablespoon of oil on med-high heat, then sauteed the garlic and ginger for about 45 sec before dumping all of the veggies in. I cooked them for about 8-10 min on medium heat (or until they were slightly soft-but still a bit of a crunch left) I don't like soggy vegetables!

Next I added two packages of yakisoba noodles with a saute sauce......I'm sure you can use however or whichever kind you want! I don't recall the brand, but they are in the refrigerated section close to the vegetables (if that helps!!!)

I combined everything and let it soak up some flavor. It was quite good, practice makes......better! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Kate,
    I love your blog. How fun. A tip for the tofu...if you press it before you cook it, it will be firmer. :) yum yum.

    ReplyDelete