The Love of.....

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gooood Lunches!!!




Yesterday, after a walk and some park-playing with my boy, I came home and was in a mad hunt for a great, quick lunch. I had some day old potato soup, and then I wondered what to pair with it. I decided on using up the last of the rosemary bread-for some tuna melts. Boy, was that a treat! I just made tuna salad, sliced some cheese (this one was from Holland!) on top of sliced bread with a bit of mayo on it.
I broiled the tuna melts in the oven at 550 degrees for about 5 min.

Today I came home from a run, and knew what I wanted to make by the time I got home. In Eugene where we live, there is a great restaurant (a few of them, actually) called Cafe Yumm! They sell bottles of their sauce- and we have a good sized one in the refrig. They made a few varieties of 'bowls'- I just get the Original. It's such a simple, wholesome and DELICIOUS bowl of food. ;-) All you have to make is some brown rice, spicy black beans (well....they just use black beans, but I love everything spicy), and I made up some Salsa Fresca, that was an EXCELLENT touch! If you'd like (for toppings)-avocados or guacamole, salsa, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream & chopped cilantro.

Not only does it taste so great- it doesn't make you feel heavy or greasy after eating. It's one of my favorite things to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment