The Love of.....

Friday, March 26, 2010

Recipe....

From Simple Suppers. (BUY THIS COOKBOOK! Seriously....)

1/4 cup mayo
1 T ketchup
2 t white or cider vinegar
pinch of salt
black pepper to taste
pinch of sugar
1 8 oz. package of coleslaw mix or 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
(I chopped regular and purple cabbage- but probably only 3 cups....)
8 thin slices of rye or pumpernickel bread ( I used only 4 pieces- for just a one sided sandwich )
4 tomatoes, sliced (I only used one tomato- with 2 slices on each piece of bread)
8 oz thinly sliced swiss cheese

I also added horseradish sauce to each sandwich ;-)

In a bowl large enough to hold the coleslaw mix, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the coleslaw and toss well.

Assemble the open-faced sandwiches on the baking sheet if you are going to use your oven broiler, or on trays if you're going to broil in batches in a toaster oven. Arrange the slices of toast an inch apart. Place about 1/2 c of coleslaw on each slice and top with tomato slices then cheese.
Broil the sandwiches until the sheese melts, 3-5 min. Serve open-faced.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!
    you are freakin' amazing!!
    I LOVE this site....where have I been! (obviously OUT TO LUNCH!) I didnt realize you had this.
    GEEZ....this is incredible...
    LOVE THE VEGGIE RUEBEN...!!! I will do it.
    wow....let me know when you have a scarf off the needle...I will send shipping $$
    GO BABY! you are well on your way.
    love you muchly,
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Thank you so much!!!
    It's fun. ;-)
    I wish we could cook together! I'll miss you much!
    Send address in email, I'll try to hurry- I'm close-er ;-)
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This simple suppers cookbook is looking pretty amazing, i never use cookbooks except for sometimes inspiration/decoration! But, I am interested in this one, i googled it, is it a williams-sonoma simple suppers?

    ReplyDelete