The Love of.....

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthday Crepes!!!






My mother requested crepes for her choice birthday breakfast (of COURSE!) It's the best breakfast, in our opinion.

The recipe is ever so simple:

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 egg
1 T oil
1/4 t salt

Yep- that easy. Just dump and blend (we use a blender) until very smooth. We usually double this recipe.

Heat pan on medium-low-ish. Put a couple drops of oil and scrape it all around the pan, so it is well greased, but not too oily. If you make pancakes, you know how it goes!
The pouring part is probably the trickiest area. I pour slowly in a circle, (counterclockwise) and then quickly tip the pan in all directions until the batter reaches all sides. I'm really a serious beginner, but I'd say from my experience, takes some tries to get the 'perfect crepe' and....it doesn't always happen. No big deal, it doesn't really matter- in my opinion- as long as it tastes good!

You can make any fruit filling you desire! We love fresh fruit with Mascarpone & a little sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Today we had fresh strawberries and my spiced apples.....they were divine!

For the my Spiced Nutmeg Apples:
Peel and chop about 3 apples (we used Pink Ladies)

Heat a sauce pan over med-high heat, with just maybe....a 1/4 cup of water in the bottom, dump the apples in and stir them around while they're cooking, while sprinkling about 1-2 teaspoons of nutmeg (and I even add a tiny bit of cardamon too!). You can add a little slice of butter in the mix, too, just for a little flavor ;-) I didn't add any sugar- but you can, to taste.
Check the apples- I like them with a teeny bit of crunch left in them. That is PERFECT to me.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment