The Love of.....

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just Lasagna....




I know it's just lasagna. Veggie lasagna at that. But DANG was it good!!!!!

I made JUST enough chunky tomato sauce to make the dish, too. TOTALLY winged it. Whew.

The sauce was.....really yum. I chopped up one onion, three cloves of garlic, I put a few teaspoons of spices (sweet basil and italian seasoning- more probably after I tasted it), then cut up about 10 small basil leaves, chopped one red pepper and three tomatoes- let that simmer- then I dumped in half of a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes....a little V8, a little tomato paste, a teaspoon of sugar, salt to taste...and a couple shakes of cayenne.... like I've said before, I usually just dump and taste. ;-)

I layered my sauce with some Trader Joe's Italian no-boil noodles, some part-skim ricotta cheese, chopped zucchini, fresh spinah, mozzerella cheese, and romano cheese until I almost reached the top of the 9x13 pan. Baked it at 375 degrees covered for about 30 minutes, then took the top off and let the cheese brown for another 15 minutes.

Needless to say....I dug in immediately. I was STARVED. This would be really great with a salad- I should've had some ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment